Hello everyone, how have you been? I had the privilege of interviewing this amazing fashion blogger, I stumbled upon her page last year through my roommate then and I fell in love, lol, she made fashion look so easy and simple, there is always this edge to her dressing. She is not just all clothes and shoes but a medical student in Ukraine!!!. Enjoy my interview with her. (PS I learnt that turban style from her YouTube channel @Dimplekhadi) #runstohide.
– Who is Dimplekhadi? And how did you come across the nick Dimplekhadi?
I am Garuba Khadijah Abiola. I have a one-sided dimple, so that plus Khadi from Khadijah , makes the name.
– What is fashion to you?
Fashion is a lifestyle . It’s what you do to stay confident in the society.
– Describe how you got into fashion blogging, what inspired you?
A fashion blogger in my school told me I have what it takes and opened a blog for me.
– Did you create the blog yourself or you got a professional help?
A friend did it for me ( the blogger @melodyjacobs on Instagram).
– What were the challenges you faced when you started blogging?
Having to snap in the cold winter …. The cold is always terrible in winters.
– Can you tell me what really helped you in blogging?
I stay focused . I know what I want and how I want it done.
– Which came first? Making YouTube videos or fashion blogging?
YouTube videos . I started making YouTube videos with my nokia e5 way before i started blogging.
– Where do you get the inspiration for those awesome turban styles and wrap?
I create some myself , I re-make some after watching videos / when i see pictures on social media.
– How would you describe your
I guess I will refer to it as decent yet classy.
– I noticed you never expose your hair, why is that?
I am a muslim , so I respect my religion.
– Where do you see yourself in the next year?
I see myself working in the hospital , married and still blogging.
– What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
I really don’t know… Lol.
– What was your proudest achievement?
I won a national essay competition back in secondary school .I received an award , it was presented to me by Goodluck Jonattan. He was the Vice President then.
– What do you do in your spare time?
I watch alot of Korean movies this days.
– Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
A world known blogger.
– What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Trying to drive traffic to my blog . Having to share posts on alot of social medias just to get people to visit your blog can be frustrating at times.
– Can you name some of your favourite fashion bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?
I like so many bloggers , but none do exactly my style . So I really don’t have a favorite, i just admire them and incorporate some of their ideas to my style.
– How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up
and running? how do you juggle it with medical school ?
Blogging is what I love and do in my leisure time.
– Where do you shop for your clothes? They are amazing!
I buy from local stores in Ukraine , online stores e.g shein , dresslink etc. and I thrift sometimes.
– What do you find the most frustrating aspect of fashion blogging?
Trying to combine and do something different, yet decent and acceptable in the society.
– Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your fashion blogging journey? Who and how was it?
Alot of shoutout pages share my pictures, Mercy Aigbe featured my style on her fashion channel on bbm of recent and it was really cool.
– Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
I want to reach more audience.
– What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
I think Facebook. Since there’s no direct link except you go to bio on Instagram , people hardly visit the blog from there.
– Most people think fashion bloggers get most of their clothes for free, how true is that?
If you are a good fashion blogger , you get a lot of offers from companies and so many free goodies. But alot of times , you find so many things you really need or a particular style you want to re-create which you have to buy yourself.
– What are your Favourite fashion magazines?
I don’t read any . Lol
– Who is your Favorite designer?
I don’t really do designers. I like affordable items and most designers are expensive. The designer items i have are mostly free gifts from companies. But I do have items I got from Zara , Bershka and others in Ukraine.
– What won’t Dimplekhadi be caught dead wearing?
Cleavage revealing dress.
– What is currently making your wardrobe tick now?
White tees and a pair of jeans are my goto outfit.
– What advise do you have for other upcoming bloggers?
You can do it . It’s not easy , but at the same time not difficult if you put your mind to it.
Thank you Dimplekhadi for answering all my questions despite your busy and tight schedule… You rock!
Know more about Dimplekhadi’s style and get Inspired. Visit her blog
Her YouTube channel
Her Instagram handle. (@Dimplekhadi).